Creating new users - only for administrators
Only admins can create new users in Binocs.
Click the setup icon, select users and click create new user. Enter general information: name and e-mail, and choose user name (email address by default).
An e-mail will be sent to the user! Via the a link in the email the user will be able to choose a password.
Set the user rights.
That’s it! Admins can always edit the user info or user rights afterwards.
Join Binocs - for users
After the administrator creates a new user, you will receive an e-mail automatically.
Open the Binocs e-mail in your inbox and click join, which will open the register page in your default browser. If you can’t use your default browser for Binocs, copy/paste the link at the bottom of the email in another browser.
You can now fill out a secure password and click register for Binocs.
Done! Now you’re ready to get started in Binocs!
All user rights explained
It helps to know who has the ability to see things and perform certain actions in Binocs! Binocs makes the distinction between view filters and edit restrictions.
View filters: You want to help users to focus and avoid that they get lost in the clutter of the full user community. Instead of showing all services and teams in the organization in dropdowns/lists or hundreds of demand channels on one screen, we only show what they need. By setting the different view filters you do just that.
Edit restrictions: You want to make sure that only authorized users can edit data in Binocs. That’s why you can set restrictions on who can change what.
You can specify sub sets of teams and demand channels for the different user settings. You specify the following:
Workload view and analysis
- The team selector to filter the reports in Dashboard, Analyze workload, Analyze capacity and Analyze Demand is limited to the selected subset of teams.
- The user can only create new analyses for the selected subset of teams.
- The team selection page for team members, competences and availabilities only lists the selected subset of teams.
- Only the selected subset of teams will be suggested by the search box in team members, competences and availabilities.
- Only team members of the selected subset of teams can be found via the team member search box
- The Analyze availability team selector only contains the selected subset of teams.
- When pasting the url of team members, competences or availabilities page for a team not in the selected subset of teams, the user will not be able to access the data.
- The service catalog only shows services linked to the selected subset of teams and services linked to no teams
- The service catalog search will only suggest teams and services linked the selected subset of teams
- The list of demand channels in the demand channel overview is limited to the subset of demand channels
Remark: search in demand isn’t restricted. The user can search demand for all services and teams
- Can add and edit team members for the selected subset of teams
- Can edit availabilities and share team members for the selected subset of teams. Team members can be shared with any team (also teams outside the selected subset of teams)
- Can add and delete competences for the the selected subset of teams
- Can add services and expertise to the service catalog
- Can edit services linked to one or more teams in the selected subset of teams
- My demand channels in the demand channel overview limited to the selected subset of teams of demand channels
- Can add, delete and edit demand folders/lines and edit all demand details (status, requested service or expertise, description, requested dates, actual dates and tags) in the subset of demand channels. Remark: All services from all teams can be requested!
- Can add contributors to the subset of demand channels
- The team selection page for for the work list is limited to the selected subset of teams
- Status, actual start and finish, assigned team member and tags can be added to demand lines requested to a team in the selected subset of teams
And what about scenarios
There are no specific settings for scenarios. Everybody can create scenarios. What they can edit depends on their view filters.
- In a scenario all data that can be viewed by the user (based on the view filters) can be edited
- The user can only create new analyses on the scenario for the selected subset of teams specified in the analysis subset.