Creating an expertise service
Expertise is a type of service delivered by teams. Demand managers can request a specific expertise for a certain amount of time or for a certain period.
Click create expertise. The service detail is shown where you can configure.
- Optionally choose your own code, Binocs proposes a code (=unique identifier), but the code can be overwritten.
- If the service exists in another system it’s advised to use the same codes for easy cross referencing.
- Tip: if you can choose, human readable codes are easier to understand & remember.
Give the expertise a description. Think about the demand managers who need to understand what the expertise is about! So don’t be afraid to put too much information in the description.
- Assign team(s). By assigning a team the expertise will become part of the team service catalog. This means:
- Demand managers can request this expertise from the assigned team.
- The service will appear in the competence matrix of the assigned team.
- That’s it! Demand managers can now request hours, days or FTE of this expertise.
Noticed the status of the expertise? Learn what the service status means.
Add tag to service
- Click add tag
- Choose one of the suggested tags in the dropdown list or enter a few letters to get a dropdown list with a more narrow selection of tags. If the tag you like to add doesn’t exist yet, create a new tag by entering a name and selecting the tag type in which you like to add the new tag.
Tip: when entering the tag name, check in the dropdown list if the tag is already created.
Remark: Per tag type you can only add 1 tag. New tags can only be added to open tag types. When no new tags are allowed, choose a tag from the predefined tag list.
You like to create a new tag type within service tag type? Learn here how to add tag types.